1. There are people in your life who will try to claim your glass slipper. Keep your eye open for the proverbial step-mothers and sisters out there, and make sure your shoe is such a unique fit that no matter how hard they try to fit into it, it ain't gonna happen.
2. Make the best of your situation. If all you have around you is rags and birds, find a way to get those two things together to make yourself a beautiful dress. Cinderella was well versed in being resourceful, competent and kind. Those things worked together in her favor when it came time to get ready for the dance (and this was long before her fairy godmother made an appearance).
3. There are fairy godmothers in this world, who sometimes show up to help make things just righ t. They don't come along often but when they do, all I can say is, God bless 'em! Also, a free bit of advice: make sure you don't miss your chance to be a fairy godmother, if the opportunity presents itself in your life.
4. A locked door does not mean you don't get to go. It honestly doesn't mean a thing that the door is shut and locked and you can't see the key. Get your mindset out of the 'oh no, now I'll never get to do it!' phase and move on to the 'how can I make this happen?!' stage. Nobody ever beat an obstacle by sitting on the bed crying about it. Get your mice together and go get your key.
5. Music makes everything better and that's true even if you can't sing a note of it yourself. Most of us remember the mice singing, "Cinder-elly, Cinder-elly" and believe me they couldn't hold a note, but it still made the scene better to hear them singing. And who could forget "Bippity-Boppity-Boo?!" We didn't have a clue as to what any of the phrases in that song meant but it sure was nice when it started to play. Crank up the tunes, shake it 'til you break it, and sing your little heart out, whether it sounds good or not. Why? Because like I said, music just makes everything better.