You probably already know that Chiquita bananas are scrumdiliumptious. They're always an instant favorite to give the kids for an afterschool snack, to pack in their lunches, or to have with my breakfast! We also love them for smoothies, and as a quick snack to grab on the go. I always keep a bunch on the counter along with the other fresh fruit in the house, because I know if the fruit is there, that's what they'll reach for first.
Chiquita has now made me even happier because they are hosting a most excellent giveaway. To enter simply visit the website: ShareYourChiquitaSmile.com, upload your picture showing your best Chiquita smile, select your favorite Disney theme, and get your friends and family to start voting. The grand prize is a 5-day, 4-night vacation trip to Disney World!! The airfare and resort accommodations are included. Now that's a good reason to celebrate, and a great way to awaken summer! The giveaway runs now through June 19, 2016. The voting period extends to June 26th.
|Share Your Chiquita Smile to Be Entered to Win a Trip to Disney World!|
|One of the many animals we got to see up close and personal on the |
Kilimanjaro Safari Expedition at Disney World's Animal Kingdom
|Expedition Everest -Animal Kingdom|
Disney World's Animal Kingdom also has an awesome addition that wasn't there when we went over a decade ago, Expedition Everest. It's a beautiful roller coaster, and it has a big surprise...it stops when you're inside the tunnel, shows you a little movie of the Yeti tearing up the track, and then it goes backwards!! None of us knew when we went on that it was going to do any of that, so yeah...we were surprised. My little guy was like, 'oh what?!?!' but he loved it so much he went back on with his sister (I stayed off that time, to get their picture on the ride). Such a fun ride, such a fun day!
So...now we have a new 'equally favorite' Disney theme park...which means we loved Animal Kingdom every bit as much as we love Magic Kingdom. Now to tackle Epcot and Hollywood Studios (we haven't been to either for years!).
Here are some fun facts for each of the four Disney theme parks, and for Disney Springs too!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park:
● DYK: The biggest animal in height in the Disney Animal Kingdom Theme park might be the giraffe but the biggest all-round creature you’ll see, by far, is the elephant. Check out why! Disney Fun Facts
● DYK: Kilimanjaro Safaris® Expedition at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park is roughly 110 acres – that's over 4 1/2 million feet! Read more: Disney Fun Facts
● DYK: Expedition Everest® attraction at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park is the tallest of 18 mountain-themed attractions created by Walt Disney Imagineering at Disney Parks worldwide! Disney Fun Facts
Disney’s Hollywood Studios®:
● DYK: The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ attraction located at Disney's Hollywood Studios® is amongst the two tallest attractions at the Walt Disney World® Resort! Found out its height and speed: Disney Fun Facts
● DYK: Did you know that the ambitious plans to bring Star Wars to life in Disneyland® Resort and Walt Disney World® Resort include creating Disney’s largest single-themed land expansions ever at 14-acres each! Find out what this new land is for: Disney Fun Facts
● DYK: There are 5.7 million gallons of water in the Caribbean Coral Reef aquarium in Epcot®! Read more: Disney Fun Facts
● DYK: Did you know that Epcot® was the second theme park to be built in the Walt Disney World® Resort? Find out more: Disney Fun Facts
Disney Springs™ Area:
● DYK: Located in The Landing section of Disney Springs™ area the theming and backstory of “The Hangar” was inspired by the fictional character Jock Lindsey, a seaplane pilot in the film “Raiders of the Lost Ark.” Read more: Disney Fun Facts
● DYK: The world’s largest Disney merchandise store just got bigger—and better—than ever! Found out more: Disney Fun Facts
Magic Kingdom® Park at Walt Disney World® Resort:
● DYK: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is not like regular roller coasters, each mine car in this coaster is mounted in a cradle-like pivot, which allows it to swing side to side independently of the others. Find out more at Disney Fun Facts.
● DYK: It’s a Small World® attraction appears in all of the Disney theme parks worldwide, including Paris, Tokyo, and Hong Kong. Read more about it at Disney Fun Facts.
● DYK: Dumbo the Flying Elephant® attraction has been a Magic Kingdom® Park favorite since the park first opened in 1971 in California. Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida has now doubled the fun! Find out how at: Disney Fun Facts
Walt Disney World® Resort
● DYK: Did you know that the Walt Disney World® Resort is so big that it takes nearly 70,000 cast members to keep it running, 13 million bottles of water a year to keep it hydrated, and 285,000 pounds of laundry every day to keep it clean. Wow! Read more Disney Fun Facts.
● DYK: Did you know there are over 1,000 Hidden Mickeys at Walt Disney World® Resort. Do you want to know where one of them is? Find out here: Disney FunFacts.
Blog Giveaway: Chiquita Prize Pack (ARV $50)!
You can learn more about Chiquita by following their social media accounts: