Disclosure: A product was received to help facilitate the post. All opinions stated are genuine and my own.
|Master Lock offers Great Safety Tips for While You're at Work|
Plus Enter to win this Personal Safe!
From business trips to staff meetings, more than 122 million people are full-time employees, and spend an average of 47 hours a week or more at their workplace.** Adjusting to the work environment; securing valuables; and balancing responsibilities, assignments and deadlines are all important aspects of being in the workforce. Master Lock offers helpful advice and easy-to-use products for securing belongings while in work mode.
“Most people spend a majority of their time at work, which makes it important to take the necessary steps to ensure a safe and secure workplace,” said Rebecca Smith, vice president, marketing for Master Lock. “We want to provide reliable products and tips to help create a secure work environment.”
Whether starting a first job, transitioning to a new company or simply evaluating the security at a current workplace, Master Lock is providing consumers with tips to help secure their belongings at the workplace and their homes while they’re on the job.
1. Secure Spare Keys: With 73 percent of U.S. and Canadian residents working outside of their home,* hiding a spare house key under a mat or rock makes consumers susceptible to possible break-ins and thefts. Provide secure access to cleaning services, maintenance workers, babysitters or a family member with a trusted key lock box, such as the Master Lock 5422D Portable Key Safe, which offers keyless convenience and secure storage of keys and access cards to provide peace of mind when at the office. Be selective when giving out the code, and only provide access to trusted friends, family and workers.
2. Protect Personal Valuables: Approximately 50 percent of people who bring valuables to work do not have a secure place to store them.* Whether in the office or traveling, securing smartphones, wallets, electronic devices and other small valuables in a personal safe, such as the Master Lock 5900D SafeSpace, helps prevent theft. Designed with a durable cable, the Master Lock 5900D SafeSpace can be wrapped around a fixed object at the office or in a hotel room when traveling for work– providing lightweight and portable convenience. Larger items of value, such as a purse or backpack, should be secured in a cabinet or drawer.
3. Stay Safe and Organized Online: Most offices are equipped with computers, software programs and the Internet for employees to use to complete their work efficiently. Keeping track of numerous logins and documents as well as ensuring this information is stored in a safe place can be a daunting task. To stay digitally organized, use the Master Lock Vault a free, digital safe deposit box, to store passwords and digital copies of important documents in a secure, reliable location for easy access from any smart phone or computer. And, employees should always log-off or place their computers in sleep mode when stepping away from workstations.
4. Protect Important Documents: Organization is key when starting and settling into any job. Contracts, employee tax forms and other important paperwork can quickly pile up if you do not have a secure place to keep these documents. Using a Sentry Safe FHW40120 Large Lock File will help protect your sensitive information from theft, flood and fire threats as well as provide easy office organization with the ability to store hanging file folders. Be sure to shred any sensitive documents when they are no longer needed to keep them from falling into the wrong hands.
5. Lock Up Before Leaving: Whether working remotely at a coffee shop, taking a business trip or hitting the gym after work, locking luggage, briefcases and laptop or gym bags will help protect valuables in transit. A TSA-Accepted Luggage Lock, such as the Master Lock 4680DBLK, will help keep belongings safe on-the-go. The Master Lock 4680DBLK and 4680DNKL Luggage Locks offer resistance to cutting, and are TSA approved so screeners can inspect and relock your baggage without damaging the lock. It’s also important to keep small personal items in front pockets. Leaving valuables in back pockets makes them easy targets for pickpockets.
For more safety tips and products, visit the Master Lock website or connect with Master Lock on social via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest orYouTube.
The Master Lock Company is recognized around the world as the authentic, enduring name in and security products. Master Lock Company offers a broad range of innovative security and safety solutions for consumer, commercial, and industrial end-users. Master Lock Company LLC is an operating unit of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc., a leading consumer brands company. Headquartered in Deerfield, Ill., Fortune Brands Home & Security Inc. (NYSE: ), is included in the S&P MidCap 400 Index. For more information about Master Lock visit .
**According to a Gallup study
*According to a March 2015 Safety and Security Survey of more than 1,500 U.S. and Canadian residents conducted by Master Lock via SurveyMonkey.
On to the Giveaway!
On to the Giveaway!
A big thank you to Master Lock for sharing these safety tips. There are many ways to guard your belongings, Master Lock has been a trusted one for years!! One way listed to help protect your belongings was with the personal safe shown below. You can set your own combination with this durable water-resistant, shock-absorbent safe. The cable wraps tightly around a fixed object and it's perfect for holding items such as cameras, iPods, passports, etc. It also has an earbud access location on the side, making it perfect for charging. I think this would be good at work, at home, or even while you're traveling.
|Perfect for holding iPods (has opening so you can charge earbuds while closed),|
money, passports, cameras, etc.
|Keyless entry, make your own password code.|
|Wraps around any secure fixture for safe-keeping. I'm thinking it'd be great for hotel rooms/travel.|
Show your support and help find a cure for Breast Cancer by purchasing one of these pink personal safes. Or enter to win your own here. US entrants only!