Disclosure: Many thanks to Thomas Nelson Bibles for providing a sample of the product for this review. Opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation.
Seems like I gift someone a Bible every year during the holiday season, and sometimes I gift one to more than one person. This year, I will be doing that as well, but I will also be gifting this video series to my sister-in-law called 21 Days in John.
The 21 videos in this study last between 10-15 minutes and draw from the free pdf of the Gospel of John, included with the Abide Bible. It is a free video devotion that you can sign up for HERE.
The Abide Bible is designed around five methods of Scripture Engagement that will change the way you read the Word. The Abide Experience is FREE and includes 21 Video devotions delivered by email and a full download of the book of John from The Abide Bible!
Transform your personal Bible devotions into intimate, ongoing conversations with God with various Scripture engagement approaches that keep Bible reading fresh and new. “Abide in Me.” John 15:4 Do you yearn for life-giving, intimate communion with God? The Abide Bible is designed to help you experience the peace, hope, and growth that comes from encountering the voice and presence of God in Scripture. Every feature in Abide is designed to teach and develop Scripture-engagement habits that help you know the power and spiritual nourishment of abiding in Christ.
This is a wonderful experience to have and to share. It is a 21-day series that you can download for free to use with the Abide Bible. Created in partnership with Bible Gateway and the Taylor University Center for Scripture Engagement, The Abide Bible’s features include articles, book introductions, and practical Scripture engagement prompts based on five ways of engaging deeply with the Bible:
• Praying Scripture: Pattern your prayers after biblical texts, personalizing the prayer and gaining language for the thoughts and emotions you want to express.
• Picture It: Place yourself in a biblical narrative as a bystander or participant in important events.
• Journaling: Focus and reflect on Scripture and its meaning for your life, opening yourself to God’s voice as you ponder.
• Engage Through Art: Consider a classic piece of art—photograph, sculpture, painting—and let it deepen your meditations on scriptural truths.
• Contemplate: Follow the church’s longstanding practice of reading, meditating on, praying, and contemplating a passage of Scripture in order to experience God’s presence through the words of the Bible.
• Bible book introductions provide a concise overview of the background and historical context of the book about to be read
• 365 Day Bible Reading Plan guiding you through the entire Bible in a year
• Line-matched, single-column Scripture text for improved readability
• Smyth-sewn binding lays flat in your hand or on your desk
• Two satin ribbon markers allows you to easily navigate and keep track of where you were reading
• Easy-to-read 9-point NET Comfort Print
Check out The Abide Experience: 21 Days in John, a FREE Video Devotion featuring Dr. Phil Collins, general editor of the Abide Bible. Do you know someone who would love to receive this for a holiday gift his year?
THERE'S A GIVEAWAY!
One lucky winner will receive an Abide Bible to call their own or to gift to someone special for Christmas!