1. Bottega Veneta by Bottega Veneta. I didn't care for it on initial spray (maybe because of the leather?) but it's growing on me. It's better as it starts to dry some. In fact, I think it's safe to say I do like this one in the mid-notes time frame where it has a slight lemony smell to me. I do not, however, love the dry down which is a little off-putting. That being said, I do keep intentionally smelling it. Maybe I will fall in love with it the next time I try to wear it. A leathery floral chypre, marries the olfactory language of the Venetian countryside—fresh meadows, mown hay, flowers, earth, and wood—with the gentle richness of leather in a creation crafted with the meticulousness of a master artisan.
Update: This scent is really growing on me. It has a light cedary smell that appeals, which is crazy because I'm not usually into the wood scents for women. Dry down is no longer off-putting, hence I have learned that first impressions are just that...first impressions. It seems common to me that I have to try a fragrance out more than once or twice to really see how I feel about it. I'd wear this if I had a full-sized bottle. It's different than anything in my collection.
2. Creed: Love in White. The first Creed fragrance I've smelled that I'm not crazy for... Not an unpleasant opening but not standout amazing. I do like the orange peel that finds its way through. When this dries down though, I don't like it at all. Top note is Orange Peel; middle notes are Rice, Magnolia, Narcissus, Italian Jasmine, Iris and Bulgarian Rose; base notes are Ambergris, Sandalwood and Vanille.
3. Creed: Spring Flower. Creed is so good at making perfume. This one is juicy fruity but still a pretty, and absolutely high quality floral. I like it. Top notes are Apple, Melon and Peach; middle notes are Jasmine and Rose; base notes are Musk and Ambergris. Flirtatious fruity/fresh top notes intrigue the senses, softening into delicate florals and sensual musk.
Update: I heard Ariana Grande Cloud smells a lot like this fragrance. I purchased the body spray and had my oldest son blind smell. He said, 'wow, that smells like Baccarat Rouge 540, I'm taking that home.' And he did. :) Now he has the expensive version and the cheap-o one, and they do smell very similar. The MFK lasts forever and the AG does not.
5. Marc Jacobs: Decadence. Darker notes. Probably more sensual than I would want for office wear. I opened this sample from Microperfumes and IMMEDIATELY went to the store to purchase a bottle. I have never done that before. I was so excited because I really liked it, but I got the wrong one (be careful because the flankers have a similar name and the boxes look very similar too...I did not like the flanker at all). The plum notes in here are so interesting, and I love everything about this fragrance. I cannot wait to get a bottle of my own. Top Notes: Italian plum, Iris and Saffron. Heart: Bulgarian Rose, Jasmine Sambac and Orris. Drydown: liquid amber, vetiver, and papyrus woods
Update: I did find a reasonably priced bottle and did make the purchase. A family member had a birthday so I gifted the unopened bottle to her. Now I miss it and it's discontinued and sold out everywhere. 😭
6. Tom Ford: Noir Pour Femme. I was so surprised. It doesn't smell like any Tom Ford I have smelled before, it's much lighter. I honestly love the heavier fragrances more. Noir Pour Femme is pleasant though, & reminds me of one of my aunties. I'll have to ask her if she wears this... It somehow reminds me of a baby product too, but it's not powdery. I like the dry down better than the opening. I don't see myself every buying a full-sized bottle. Tom Ford seems to be hit or miss for me (but when it hits, it really hits). Bitter Orange Oil, Rose Absolute, Amber
7. Tom Ford: Velvet Orchid. I LOVE Black Orchid so I wanted to try this Velvet Orchid. It's lighter and a little more floral. I smell the honey (and a clean diaper smell?). Not unpleasant, just not fabulous like the Black Orchid. I won't buy this one. Top notes are Rum, Honey, Mandarin Orange and Bergamot; middle notes are Black Orchid, Orchid, Jasmine, Heliotrope, Hyacinth, Narcissus, Rose Oil, Orange Blossom and Magnolia; base notes are Vanilla, Myrrh, Suede, Sandalwood, Peru Balsam and Labdanum.