One lucky winner is going to get the Keyed Cable Lock Trio Pictured Above
Doesn't it seem like so many things have a day or month designated to them these days? I think that's awesome...a great way to give a brand or product recognition, and have a little fun too by rounding up various celebrations and giveaways to help celebrate. Well, moving is no exception, and it's got a month all of of its own...this one (May). ;)
In honor of National Moving Month, and as a part of Master Lock's ongoing commitment to keep consumers safe through all life stages, Master Lock is sharing safety precautions and useful products for moving and settling into a new residence.
A short while back you might remember me writing about my nephew's baby who was in NICU. Baby is home and doing great! My sister-in-law (baby's grandma) just signed a contract on a new home. She's moving closer to baby girl (smart lady), so I'll definitley be sharing these tips with her! My son and his wife just moved from one state to another too (they're unpacking boxes as we 'speak') so I'll be sharing this with them too! If you're moving, or you know someone who is
More than 35 million people move each year* and look forward to turning their new house into a home. But before your new residence becomes home sweet home, ensuring your move is safe and your new house is prepped with basic safety measures is of the utmost importance. In honor of National Moving Month, Master Lock is providing consumers with necessary safety precautions and useful products for moving and settling into a new residence.
“Moving into a new home can undoubtedly be a stressful experience,” said Rebecca Smith, vice president, marketing for Master Lock. “Our goal is to help new homeowners make their move as organized and safe as possible by providing them with the necessary tools to do so.”
Master Lock recommends these five safety measures when moving and adjusting to your new residence:
· Secure All Valuables: Whether you’re moving your own belongings or have hired movers, it is important to pack all valuables in enclosed, secured containers. For fragile or breakable items, use an added layer of protection, such as bubble wrap or shredded newspaper. In the midst of moving mayhem, remember to lock your trailer with a Master Lock 379DAT Universal Trailer Coupler Lock that resists picking and prying when not in use or in between trips to avoid possible theft.
· Inventory Personal Belongings: Label your boxes by room, number or color-code, and create a list of the items in each box. This will keep your personal possessions organized for when you begin the unpacking process. When you arrive at your new home, make sure to check each list to ensure all your belongings made it safely and securely. Investing in a Sentry Safe SFW123TTC Extra Large Digital Alarm Fire Safe will assure your most important valuables remain safeguarded and protected as you settle into your home. While you may have heavy foot traffic between movers, cable providers and other vendors setting up your new space, this Sentry Safe Extra Large Digital Alarm Fire Safe’s loud alarm will quickly alert you if there is suspected tampering.
· Install New Exterior Locks: Less than half (47 percent) of U.S. and Canadian residents changed or rekeyed the locks on their new home.** As a major safety precaution, you should change all the exterior locks on your new home either before or when you move in. Previous tenants, realtors and other unsuspected people may have keys to the current locks. Replacing these old locks with new ones, such as the Master Lock BCCO0615 Entry Door Lock with Single Cylinder Deadbolt, will provide additional security with peace of mind, and ensure you are the only person who has access to your home.
· Change of Address: Before officially moving into your new home, make sure to visit your local post office or visit usps.com to fill out a change-of-address form. To avoid unintentionally giving strangers access to personal information, such as billing statements, credit card offers and insurance information, change your address before your move.
· Explore Your Neighborhood: Once you’ve settled in, make sure to familiarize yourself with your new neighborhood. Take a bike ride to meet your neighbors, locate the police and fire stations and find your local park district. Don’t forget to lock up with the Master Lock 8127TRI Keyed Cable Lock while exploring your new surroundings.
For more moving safety tips and products, visit the Master Lock website or connect with Master Lock on social via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or YouTube.
About Master Lock
The Master Lock Company is recognized around the world as the authentic, enduring name in and security products. Master Lock Company offers a broad range of innovative security and safety solutions for consumer, commercial, and industrial end-users. Master Lock Company LLC is an operating unit of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc., a leading consumer brands company. Headquartered in Deerfield, Ill., Fortune Brands Home & Security Inc. (NYSE: ), is included in the S&P MidCap 400 Index. For more information about Master Lock visit .
*According to the U.S. Department of Transportation
**According to a March 2015 Safety and Security Survey of more than 1,500 U.S. and Canadian residents conducted by Master Lock via SurveyMonkey.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway