At first blush you might think that's a cup of tea. Upon closer inspection, you'd find it to be Steeped Coffee!!! Perhaps you have heard of it before, but I assure you I have not!! It took me just one try to become and instant fan though. As some of you know, I am a huge coffee lover. Huge.
Steeped Coffee comes in a variety of flavors. You can get light, medium, dark or French roast. You can also get decaf, which I always keep in the house for company who requests it.
Speaking of guests, it's always a treat for them when I serve this drink. They are inevitably surprised to see it coming to them on a tray with a string hanging from the side like a tea bag! It's a great conversation starter and instantly puts everyone at ease (which makes this perfect for the office too!).
I like all of the flavors, but the Driftwood Blend, I think, is my absolute favorite. It's a hearty French Roast and I let it steep until the color is a dark, rich brown.
As a complete aside, but while I'm thinking of it...let me just say I am glad I took a picture of the coffee cup in the very first picture of this post, because I dropped it and it broke. Honestly, I just had it made, full of pictures of my kids holding the new baby in the fam. (my daughter's baby girl), and I dropped it and broke it. Grr. Luckily, we have no shortage of coffee cups in this house, but ya' know!! Sidetracking here, I know, but seeing the photo brought it all back. There is no Hakuna Matata in a broken brand new coffee cup (and yes, we did just go see the Lion King 😊).
|Photo Courtesy of Steeped Coffee|
Then you can drink it as is, or you can make a coffee recipe. Steeped Coffee has quite a few to choose from (click here for coffee recipes), or you can create your own.
Features of Steeped Coffee include:
- 100% Specialty Coffee: quality coffee ethically sourced directly from farmers
- Nitro Sealed: removes oxygen, stopping the clock on freshly ground beans
- Ultrasonic Edges: no glue, staples, or wasted materials for max steeping
- Full Immersion Filter: non-GMO filters that regulate ideal water-in and maximum flavor-out
- Guilt-Free Packaging: made using plant-based renewable and compostable materials
- Micro Batching: roasted locally in small batches
- Precision Ground: consistent water-cooled grinding to the micron
- Pre-Portioned: consistent SCA recommended water-to-coffee ratios
- Just Add Water: single-serve convenience with no machines required
- Barista Approved: tested by multiple independent specialty coffee Q-graders for freshness, quality, and taste
Learn more by visiting the Steeped Coffee website. ENJOY!