Now that the seasonal chill has begun to settle in, it's definitely important to prepare for winter ailments. On behalf of my client, Quantum Health, here are 5 simple tips to help keep your family going strong all winter long:
1. Keep it Clean: Frequently washing hands will help prevent viruses and bad bacteria from getting into your system. Make sure to lather and wash for at least 30 seconds before eating and after going to the bathroom. Wash under your fingernails too, where germs can easily hide. As a backup, carry hand sanitizer with you for those times you are not able to wash up.
2. Eat Good, Feel Good: Eating healthy goes a long way towards boosting your immune system. Cut back on the sweets and get plenty of vitamins and minerals into your diet. Fresh fruits, veggies, lean meats and fish all contain necessary nutrients to keep you strong and healthy.
3. Relax and Recharge: Don’t let stress get the better of you. Stress not only impairs your immune system but can lead to unhealthy habits. When you find your stress levels are too high, take a moment to relax. Don’t forget to recharge with a good night’s rest too. Getting at least seven hours of sleep will keep your body running right and fighting off germs.
4. Work it: The weather may keep you inside, but that doesn’t mean you can’t fit some exercise into your day. Get a gym membership, follow an at-home workout routine or shovel snow. Even 15 minutes each day will strengthen your body to better withstand illness.
5. Think TheraZinc: Even when you think you’ll be fine, it’s always good to get an extra measure of zinc to keep you feeling your best. Not only are TheraZinc lozenges made up of premium ingredients and flavors, but they are easy to keep on hand for when you need them.
As I'm planning out my day, that all too familiar tickle in the back of my throat lets me know that I'm coming down with something. Blech, it's that time of the year. If you're like me, the first thing you'll do is reach for the Zinc. I get mine in an organic lozenge from Quantum Health. If the tickle has become a full out cough, I will use their Cough Relief Lozenges instead. Either way, once I've taken the lozenge, I'm good to go. The TheraZinc Lozenges come in two delicious flavors: Elderberry Raspberry and Blood Orange (delightfully unusual, right?) and the Cough Relief Lozenges come in Meyer Lemon & Honey and Bing Cherry flavors. I keep them with me at home, work and when I'm on the go because you never know when illness is going to strike, especially this time of year.
There's a Giveaway!