We use Birds Eye throughout the year for a quick way to make stews, soups, crock pot meals and more. They always taste perfectly fresh and you get to skip the lengthy prep time (all the work is already done for ya!).
The first recipe Birds Eye would like to share is the classic Thanksgiving favorite: Green Bean Casserole! I know this one is always a big hit in our family, and I for one wish we had it more than twice a year (Thanksgiving and Christmas). Since I'm the cook most of the time, I guess I could make that happen. :) Keep reading below to see two other Birds Eye holiday recipe favorites and then be sure to enter the giveaway too!
BIRDS EYE GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
- 2 bags (16 oz. ea.) Birds Eye® Cut Green Beans, thawed and drained
- 1 can (10.75 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups crispy French fried onions
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix green beans, soup, milk, 1 cup onions and pepper together in an oven-safe casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining onions and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until onions are crispy.
Another great recipe from Birds Eyes is one that involved Acorn Squash. This is one of my most favorite types of squash to serve on the Thanksgiving holiday becaue it just looks festive!
APPLE and WHOLE GRAIN STUFFED ACORN SQUASH
- 1 bag Steamfresh® Protein Blends Italian Style, cooked according to packge directions
- 2 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded*
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange acorn squash halves cut-side down in shallow
casserole dish with ½-inch water. Bake 30 minutes or until squash is fork
- Meanwhile in large nonstick skillet, heat oil over
medium high heat and cook onion and apple, stirring occasionally, 5
minutes or until softened. Stir in Italian Blend, cranberries and pine
- Arrange squash cut side up and evenly fill with
Italian Blend mixture and bake an additional 10 minutes.
The third recipe, is stuffing. There's so many good ways to make one, and Birds Eye has nailed a version that your friends and family will love!
ITALIAN WHOLE GRAINS COUNTRY STUFFING
- 1 bag Steamfresh® Protein Blends Italian Style, cooked according to packge direcitons
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 8 oz. sweet Italian sausage, removed from casings and crumbled
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 bag (12 oz.) country style cubed stuffing
- 2 Tbsp. finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high
heat and cook onion and celery, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until
softened. Add sausage and cook until browned. Stir in Italian Blend, broth
and stuffing cubes. Toss until combined. Stir in Parmesan cheese and
- Turn into large shallow casserole dish and bake 30
minutes or until heated through and top is golden brown.
One lucky winner gets a Birds Eye prize pack (with various Birds Eye branded items and free product coupons) to call their own. US entrants only.