|You can strap this on your back to carry, which makes it great for travel!|
What if I told you Diono has a Convertible + Booster Car Seat that you can fold up and strap on like a backpack, making it perfect for taking on trips?! That'd be pretty awesome, right? It is also airline approved, so if you're flying, you can take the Radian RXT right on the plane. The approval seal is stamped right on the side of the seat so when the stewardess comes around and asks to see it, and she will, it's going to be no problem at all!
|Photo Source: Diono|
That's just the icing on the cake, so I should have saved that information for last, but it was too exciting for me to keep it suppressed for even a few paragraphs. No more do you have to worry about dragging a car seat along the narrow aisles of an airplane, now you can carry it right on your back. Nor do you have to get upset about no car seat in grandma's car... this one is easily portable and can transfer from your car to grandma and grandpa's car with ease.
The Diono Radian RXT is also designed so that the seat adjusts to accommodate growing babies, but it doesn't take up a lot of room while it's doing so. A lot of car seats are big and bulky but not this one. It's heavy, don't get me wrong, but that's because it's no-messing-around solid construction. It's slender though (with expanding leg room for growing kiddos) so that three people can still fit comfortably on a 3-seat bench of a back seat. I've even seen a picture of three Diono's side by side in a back seat. Yeah, that's a cool feature.
The EPS foam-cushioned headrest adjusts to (12) different positions, showing yet again how easy it is for the seat to adjust to your growing baby/toddler/child. There are also (5) shoulder and (3) buckle positions, and the seat has an angler to ensure a contoured fit on the seat of any type of car.
It's kind of hard to see in this picture, but there's also a spot for you to write in personal information, which would be necessary if an emergency happened. That's something you hope you never need to use, but nice to have if you do.
The Radian RXT has a full steel frame and aluminum reinforced sides. It was created and designed with safety first and foremost in mind.
The Diono Radian RXT has an insert for baby (5 - 45 lbs.), so you can use it as a rear-facing seat (it has a special tilt base for the little ones too). 45 lbs. might seem like a lot, but my daughter-in-law swears it's the safest way with a little one. She still has her baby girl facing backwards and she's 2-years-old. It's no problem at all, it's just natural since that's they way they've done it since birth.
Of course you can take the insert out and turn it around too, to be a front-facing seat if your child is 20-80 lbs. And if you want to use it as a booster, with the lap belt going across (instead of the 5-point-harness) you can do that too. :)
My son is 8-years-old. and he fits in the seat wonderfully. If you use the booster it goes from 50 - 120 lbs.
- Full steel frame and aluminum reinforced sides for unmatched safety
- Comfortably seats rear-facing children from 5-45 lbs, forward-facing children from 20 - 80 lbs in a 5-point harness, then converts to a booster for children up to 120 lbs.
- Unique SuperLATCH system that makes installation easy
- It also fits 3 across in most mid-size vehicles, folds flat for travel and is FAA certified
- Booster mode from 50 - 120 lbs (40 to 57 inches)
- NCAP crash tested, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accident conditions
- Infant body support cushions and memory foam for added comfort
- Energy absorbing EPS foam and side impact protection provides added safety
- Safestop® energy-absorbing harness
- Additional forward-facing recline position to accommodate different types of contoured vehicle seats, 12-position adjustable headrest, 5 shoulder and 3 buckle positions deliver a comfortable ride.
- Rear-facing tether capability
- LATCH installation
- Additional set of harness pads included to use only when the child is over 65 lbs in the 5-point harness
- Expandable sides and long seat bottom allow proper leg support
- Low-sitting profile makes it easy for your child to board
- Angled cup holder keeps a variety of drinks upright and within easy reach
- Cover is machine washable (we do not recommend one with an agitator) and dryable
- Rubber bottom grips for no-slip installation
- 10 year life
I've had four children of my own, and a nephew who used to ride with me everywhere. I've seen a lot of car seats in my time, and many of them I've really liked. This one however, is the nicest one I've ever seen or owned.