Friday, October 19, 2012
Hey, I Bet You Eat Something Weird Too!
Over the years, I have developed some really good eating habits (a love of salads, usually with no dressing; raw veggies as a favorite dish; and fresh fruit often, to name a few), but I have some really weird ones too...you know, the kind that make everyone around you go, "eww!" or try to be polite and look away not saying a word (if they don't know you very well). I'm sure these will make The Detox Diva cringe (love her very healthy blog!), but I can think of five:
1. Mustard for my fries. I like a side of mustard and ketchup for my fries, and I dip (or swish if it's on my plate). This one seems to bother waitresses quite a bit. I am not apologetic. :)
Three of four of my children eat mustard on their fries. I'm sure some day they will not thank me. ;)
2. Potato chips ON my sub. Instead of eating them beside my sub, I put them on it. I like the crunch.
3. Banana Peppers on my pizza...but then I take the banana peppers off and eat them by themselves with a fork. Weird, I know.
4. I like hot sauce sprinkled on my popcorn.
5. I don't eat them often, but when I do I love a good bagel. I'll only eat it two ways though...lightly toasted with butter, or not toasted at all with the teensiest bit of cream cheese layered on the top.
When I was a kid, I used to tear my pizza slice apart and eat it in layers, saving the cheese for last...and I used to eat mustard sandwiches...sometimes warmed up. ;) Or, and I forgot about this until now, I'd wait until a Saltine packet was almost empty and cry dibs on it so I could have the crumbs and salt accumulated at the bottom, and I loooooooved it.
Which reminds me, I have a daughter who won't eat microwave popcorn out of a bowl because she likes to lick the salt off the inside of her popcorn bag (another ew, I know, lol.).
My mom used to eat a slice of bread with milk and sugar on it. I hate wet bread, so I never got the hang of that one.
And I have a son who puts pepper on everything...even his bread.
What about you? Any unusual eating habit to which you're willing to 'fess up?