10 Things I've Noticed Since My Son Went Off to College
I took my second oldest down to Florida last weekend, and there he will live until he earns his college degree (knock on wood and all that good stuff). My emotions are a mix of 'oh my gosh, I miss him!' and 'I'm so happy he's moving in a positive direction...growing up to be a responsible young man who wants to move forward with his life.'
|He bought me flowers on his high school graduation day.|
|A whole new chapter of his life has opened.|
That aside, I have already noticed ten things since he left...
1. The house stays cleaner, longer (even with a toddler in the house).
2. The grocery bill has gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down
3. His room is clean (I knew it would happen someday, hah!)
4. The yard doesn't get mowed on its own
5. No girls are calling here anymore
6. The house is quiet without music or TV running
7. My laundry has been cut in half (he worked at a job changing oil before he left...enough said)
8. The bathroom sink never has hair in it anymore.
9. I don't get to talk to him whenever I want.
10. I miss him every single day.